"Help!" I screamed waking up from what I thought was a nightmare. Sweaty. Pale. Frantic. The Morning of April 5 2011 I was suppose to start my new job today.
Walking down the street I notice the sky is grey trees are flowing in the wind. The birds are flying around in circles like little kids playing ring around a rosy. It is not hot nor is it cold but it is like the weather you can only find in hell. Stifling.
I walk into the salon and see my first customer, an old lady in her sixties with a little boy. I set up my station ask call out “Jonathan?” The little boy gets up and takes a seat in my chair “what can I do for you?” I say proudly. “Shave the whole right side off before they do” he says.
Before who, I wonder. The little boy does nothing. He just continues to stare point blank into the mirror. That day he was not the only one two little girls. About six want the back of their hair shaved off leaving only the front and sides. Was this the new style?
Its six p.m. time for me to go home. I walk out of the salon 6 missed calls. I call my sister back. “Hello?” she answers. “Hey is everything ok, where are you?” “Im at home” She retorted. She sounded calm as if she did not realize she called me six times. “Is everything ok you called me six times?” “Uh no I did not”.
I hung up. Confused. Puzzled. What was happening? My phone is vibrating it is my best friend Nicole calling. “Hello?” “Amanda!” she screams. “I’m at your house you have to come home hurry?” “What’s going on is everything ok!?” “oh god no everything is destroyed.” Silence.
I race home as fast as I could like a deer running for its life. I get to the end of my drive way. My jaw drops. My eyes are wide. I am speechless. I am out of breath. How could my sister say everything is ok?
In the corner of my eye I see my best friend Nicole running down the drive way. She grabs my arm “we have to get out of here” she mumbled. The place I use to call home sweet home is now turned into a big mess. It looks like a huge bowling ball had to of gone through the middle of it. How could this all of happened not even a minute after I talked to my sister on the phone.
Where was my family? Where was my pets? Where was everything?
Out of nowhere Boom! Houses all around me are getting pieces blown off . we are running for our life but do not know where to go. We run to Nicole’s’ house, everything is in good condition. She goes running down her hall “mom!?” “Dad?! “Jasmine?!”
I look around her house I see her parents car keys on the table there car is out side they must be home. I take the keys and hold on to them. In the corner of my eye I see a green light blinking.I can smell smoke. All of a sudden the curtains set on fire the window glass is breaking I yell for Nicole.
We both run outside I quickly jumped into her parents car and start it up. “are you crazy?!” she asks me “you don’t know how to drive neither of us do” I look at her with watery eyes. we both know this may be the only way to escape what ever is happening. Houses all around us are burning up, exploding some are even just crumbling. I keep driving down the main street not knowing where to go.
“look” Nicole says. “What the hell is that?” I stop the car there is a little boy standing on the sidewalk looking at the car. I know I have seen him before I thought to myself. Half of his hair was shaved off. “its Jonathan” the little boy starts walking towards the car. We notice a stream of blood dripping from the right side of his head. He just keeps walking towards us his eyes were the lightest blue I have ever seen.something is wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment